This Month's Moon Phases

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Life as it Moves Regardless of Whether You are With It or Not

The following blog posts were uploaded onto several different websites. I decided that I needed to consolidate and organize all my postings onto one site. Hopefully I won't move around much (virtually speaking) after this.

June 24th, 2006

Feminist Majortitty
Um, I mean majority. This Saturday morning I chose to watch one of my favorite films of all time: 9 to 5, starring Lilly Tomlin, Jane Fonda and Dolly Parton. I must have watched it a million times growing up as a kid. It is now that I just realized how it really shaped my life. Even though I may not have gotten the more adult jokes in the film back in 1980 (I was nine!), I clearly understood the theme of inequality in the workplace.

My husband just bought me the 25th anniversary edition of 9 to 5 on DVD a few days ago. Watching the film again today after so many years, I still enjoyed it, rolled over laughing and became inspired once again. While we have made strides in the workplace in support of working women, we still have a long way to go. Women still make less than men across the board, regardless of occupation (check out the U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics: http://www.bls.gov/bls/blswage.htm#National).

Let’s get out there and break that glass ceiling!Love,
Artemisia

P.S. - Dolly Parton has some big ass titties!


June 23rd, 2006

Thank Goddess...
... it's Friday! I am so thankful that I finally have a weekend off. I don't mean to say that I work on the weekends. I had been going to visit my parents for the longest time each weekend when we found out that my mother was ill. This will be the first time since her death on June 2 (actually longer - since we found out my mother was ill; we found out she was sick in December) that I will be staying home for the weekend. Part of me feels guilty for not being with my dad this weekend, although my brother is in town with him so it is easier.
I will light a candle for my mom. I will take a rest.
Artemisia


also on June 23rd, 2006

African Goddess Chant

Isis, Yemonja, Mawu, Oshun, Gbadu, Minona, Oya

(Thank you to KnitWitch for the inspiration.)


June 22nd, 2006

Midsummer herbs
Mugwort, Chamomile, St. John's Wort, Vervain, Damania
Happy Summer Solstice everyone!


June 13th, 2006

Mother Goddess
I consider myself to be a very lucky person having been brought up by a very loving mother. Now that she is gone from this world and passed over into the "summerlands," I reflect upon my childhood, rich with love and support.
While I was brought up by my parents with a Jewish heritage, I lovingly stumbled upon the path of the Goddess, who has become another Mother to me. I know in my heart that my own mother, Cheryl, will forever be at my side in spirit, supporting me just like she did on this earthly plane. Perhaps she is kibbutzing with the Goddess and they are calling each other divas beyond the veil. Or perhaps my mother has become one with the omnipresent Goddess.
Artemisia-Shira


June 7th, 2006

My mother passed away on Friday morning, June 2, 2006. I loved her very much. She was an amazing person and an inspiration to many. She shaped my life and I am grateful to her for her unconditional support in everything that I did. I miss you so much - I love you, Mommy.
Love, Shira


May 22nd, 2006

Goddess chant

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, - Innana!
Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, - Innana!
Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, - In-na-na!

Elemental chant

Earth my body,
Water my blood,
Air my breath,
And Fire my spirit


May 6th, 2006

Circle chant

We are a circle moving,
Moving together we are
Moving together we are One
We are a circle moving,
Moving together we are
Moving together we are One
I am Spirit, You flow in me,
We are Spirit, I flow in You

Maypole chant

Weavers, weaving
We are weaving the Web of Life



April 8th, 2006

Any Guided Meditation ideas?
I am writing a healing guided meditation for my mom. If any of you have any suggestions or scripts I could read it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.Blessed Be -- Artemisia

No comments: